Monday, December 12, 2016

Dutch House Candle Holders

https://www.facebook.com/307917175902147/photos/a.726934334000427.1073742122.307917175902147/1248056471888208/?type=1&theater

I just discovered my new favorite collectible! Metal Dutch House Candle holders.

www.coxandcox.co.uk

https://adorable-home.com/

coxandcox.co.uk

They are so delicate-looking. I love the simple Scandinavian touch they give.

coxandcox.co.uk

decor8blog.com

The houses depict the historic canal houses in Amsterdam.

dotcomgiftshop.com

They are made from a variation of materials:  galvanized metal (my favorite), porcelain, cement, wood and paper. You could even make simple ones yourself from milk cartons.

pinterest.com

foter.com

potterybarn.com

I love the charming shapes of the windows and rooftops.

plumo.com

twoonhuis.nl

oisoioi.com

fler.cz

notonthehighstreet.com

I especially love the little cement or wooden Dutch house candle holders for a single pillar candle.

notonthehighstreet.com

sinnenrausch.blogspot.com

pinterest.com

fairything.tumblr.com

zwartwitenhout.nl

founterior.com

Here's a modern twist of the classic style (below) from the Scandinavian Design Center.

ScandinavianDesignCenter.com

ScandinavianDesignCenter.com>

I love the Nordic village atop the Zinc Advent Calendar (below). A beautiful and festive decoration that can be passed down from generation to generation.

rowenandwren.co.uk

I scanned the globe to find some of my own metal Dutch candle holders. I was lucky to find a pair at Pier1 Imports and one at Wal-mart. Because they only had them in red, I spray painted them white (below).



l love the Scandinavian flavor of my new metal Dutch House Candle Holders. They are so delicate, simple and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...