Sunday, August 27, 2017

Casual Entryways

I was recently inspired to decorate the entryway in our home in a relaxed, casual way. I found myself drawn to simple design, organic forms and an unpretentious feel. I just love the modern Mediterranean and rustic vibes of natural tones and organic fibers that invite an unintentional casualness. I appreciate handmade items and found objects that have artisan roots and are humble and unique. Some of my inspirations were found at Let's Pause,
La Granja Ibiza, San Giorgio Mykonos, Ses Talaies and Pella Roca.
Here are a few others...

Monteverdi Tuscany
House of C
Vintage House Daylesford

MAD & BOLIG

El Mueble

HomeWorldDesign

OZ Architects

Perfect Hideaways

scrapbook

THE STYLE FILES

The Estate Trentham

El Mueble

Kara Rosenlund

Paulina Arcklin

Architectural Digest Spain

Julia Ryan

HA' VELI OF BYRON BAY

 homedit

Below is my own casual entryway. I tried to accomplish a natural organic style by using African and Pakistani baskets with wooden Indian plates. A few years ago I made the ladder from branches in my yard. The bench was found at a yard sale 20 years ago. I love the overall feel. It really sets the tone for my home... a relaxed, artistic, unpretentious and definitely casual space.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...